As temperatures begin to dip and the days become shorter, it's time to think about Autumn health and safety tips. Below are five tips that can help you take charge of your health and safety this fall:
1. Get the flu shot to help prevent the spread of the flu. Also, if you become sick, stay at home to help prevent spreading an illness.
2. Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze to prevent the spread of germs. Additionally, wash your hands often to cut down on germs.
3. Begin preparing your home for winter by cleaning out gutters, adding a weather-strip to doors and windows, and creating an emergency kit with food and water.
4. Each fall, check or replace batteries in carbon monoxide detectors and smoke alarms.
5. Even though holiday parties are coming up, never drink alcohol and drive. Call a friend, family member, taxi or Uber to pick you up instead of getting behind the wheel of a vehicle.