The Danville Life Saving Crew began in 1945 with a desire to serve the community. Over 70 years later, DLSC is still providing health care to the community and training emergency medical technicians and medical professionals.
The first Standard and Advanced First Aid and Water Rescue classes were held
DLSC ran its first emergency call
The first station wagon was purchased as a transport
The Clayton T. Lester Crew Hall was built
EMT classes offered advanced training for Crew members
The 9-1-1 systems was installed at the Danville Police Department
The helipad was built by the Crew Hall to eliminate EMS ground transports
The first paramedic class was completed and DLSC's first Nationally Certified Paramedics began to run calls
DLSC's training center held its grand opening
DLSC's Northside Station was established
DLSC added a new drone program and the Danville Area Training Center's 3,600 sq. ft. expansion was complete
In 1966, the Crew Hall was built.
Before the Crew had transports, they added lights and sirens to station wagons.
The Danville Area Training Center's expansion was completed in 2017.